20 Blog Post Ideas To Spark Creativity
Fresh out of blog post ideas? No need to fear.
As bloggers we all love to write. Sometimes your fingers are just itching to spin up your next hit blog post. The only problem is that you aren’t quite sure what to write about. That’s when you start scrambling for blog post ideas.
You don’t want to write about just anything either. You want to write about the best, most interesting thing there is to write about. You want it to be cutting edge. You want it to draw in more readers. You want it to give your readers something to hold onto and to comment about.
So, what is this magic recipe for coming up with new blog post ideas that will give your blog a boost?
Well, the truth is that one single post probably isn’t going to make your blog explode into a thing of awesomeness. What you can do, however, is to come up with a well of blog post ideas to draw upon when you’re feeling a bit dried up in the creativity department.
Let’s go idea hunting.You’re staring at your computer screen, racking your brain to come up with new blog post ideas. Your palms begin to sweat. Your eyes begin to go all buggy. Those gears that normally click along in your brain have come to a dramatically inconvenient halt.
Stop. Don’t panic.
Before you start writing about just about anything, take a moment to breathe and collect your thoughts and ask yourself the following questions.
- Do I need to post today? This question is not meant to praise procrastination. It’s meant to encourage you to only post when you actually have something to post about. Quality content is important.
- Do I have any half-written posts I can complete? If you’re anything like me, there are a whole lot of ideas floating around, half-formed, in the drafts folder. Look through that and see if anything inspires some blog post ideas.
If you need to post, congratulations for your dedication! Being a dedicated blogger is all about coming up with quality posts even when the ideas don’t come so easily. Don’t have any ideas floating around? No need to worry. There are plenty of things you can do and places you can look to discover your next blog post ideas.
Pick out your next idea.
I’ve compiled a list of ideas to help spark your creativity. It’ll help to get your own ideas flowing and fingers dancing on the keyboard.
Build on what you’ve already got.
- Expand on one of your popular posts.
- Look at one of your posts from a different angle.
- Build a post around one of your weaker tags.
- Write about how you would improve one of your earlier posts.
Use your comments.
- Respond to a reader who disagreed with one of your posts (diplomatically, of course).
- Answer a reader’s question.
- Ask your readers what they want to read about.
- Look through comments you made on another blog and make one (or more) into a post.
Take a spin through the internet.
- Respond to another blogger’s post.
- See what other people are writing about and give it your own spin.
- Browse through Google Trends.
- Scan some news sites and see how current events could apply to your blog’s topic.
Make a compilation.
- Piece together an “Ultimate Guide to…” from some of your past blog posts.
- Give two sides to a popular story, complete with quotes.
- Use pictures to tell a story.
- Gather together different videos on a single topic.
Start something new.
- Make a resolution and then track it for a week, a month, a year.
- Start a new category. Research about it and write.
- Take a famous quote and interpret it in a new way.
- Try a new program or product. Write about it.
Hopefully there’s something here in this list of blog post ideas that you can latch onto and get your next blog post started!
Need even more of a creativity boost? Try including some brain-powering foods into your diet.
[Featured image via flickr. anieto2k/ Creative Commons]